Dental Implants near Coral Gables, FL
Dental implants are the most durable and functional tooth replacement option available today. The implant is comprised of a titanium post that serves as the root of your replacement tooth, a porcelain crown, and an abutment that attaches the crown to the implant. With proper care, the replacement tooth will last a lifetime and perform all of the same functions of your natural teeth. If you have one missing tooth and are considering dental implants, schedule a consultation with your dentist in Coral Gables, FL to determine if dental implants are right for you!
Benefits of Dental Implants
Dental implants are the most comprehensive and long-lasting tooth replacement option available today. Here are a few reasons they are superior to all other forms of tooth replacement.
- Comfort. Once placed in your mouth, your dental implant will feel exactly like your natural teeth – no protruding metal or denture sores. Many patients report not even knowing which tooth is their dental implant!
- Functionality. Your dental implant will serve all the functions of your natural tooth, including the functions you may not realize, such as preventing bone loss.
- Convenience. Since the implant is permanently placed in your mouth, it stays in place throughout any activity. No eating restrictions or worrying about a false tooth slipping out of place.
- Durability. Unlike other tooth replacement options, dental implants keep the structure of your jaw intact so you won’t have to get them refitted or replaced. With good oral hygiene, they will last your entire life.
- Reliability. Implant placement surgery is one of the most effective types of surgery with a success rate of over 95%.
- Aesthetic Appeal. Never feel like your smile is incomplete again. The dental implant will be virtually indistinguishable from a natural tooth, so you can smile again with confidence!
Replacing One Tooth
Missing teeth are often associated with poor hygiene and self-neglect. Even one missing tooth can cause people to lose confidence in their smiles and cause speaking and eating impediments. A tooth replacement at our Coral Gables dental office can restore the appearance of a full, healthy smile and improve the functionality of your teeth.
Placing the Implant
First, Dr. Velazquez at AVM Dentistry will take x-rays of your mouth and determine the optimal placement of the implant along your jawline. Once the implant has been surgically placed, the abutment and crown will be attached during the restoration procedures. Most patients report less pain during recovery than with wisdom teeth extractions, but any discomfort can be treated with over-the-counter pain medication. If you are anxious about any stage in the implant procedure, the team at AVM Dentistry in Coral Gables, FL are always ready and willing to answer any questions or concerns you may have.
- The titanium implant is placed into your jaw. Over the next few months, the implant and bone osseointegrate (grow together).
- Once the implant is integrated with your bone, an abutment is placed on the dental implant.
- A replacement tooth is then attached to the abutment for a beautiful, natural appearance.